Samstag, 26. Juli 2014

Musik des Tages: You And Me And Rainbows




(The Tear Garden: "You And Me And Rainbows", aus dem Album "Tired Eyes Slowly Burning", 1987)

You're number eight. Your name is Jane,
with black hair, braids, and black lines around your eyes.
Shades to hide your habit.
I don't know your age, though you guessed mine.
My sign. Your sign!
The opening line is always just the same.
The same intention, destination.
Just you and me and rainbows.

Loaded guns attract.
We know the rules, we don't react.
We wait in hope, we don't expect.
Just you and me and rainbows.

Down here everything is fine.
We have a straw, we have a line.
We have a bag, a rock, a mountain,
With a string of shepherds driving lions.
Aiming skewers at the sheep; face down, asleep, in onion fields.
The frying fields.
The worms - they peep through holes which once were eyes.
They thrive, they bake although we painted out the sky, the sun.
There's only thunder, and you and me and rainbows.

Let's hide out in the lay-by, let the time fly by.
Tonight's disguise:
A car crash with our wheels like shattered stars - dashboard charred.
Our windscreen like a graveyard for the flies (we're fast!).
The hungry flies are circling,
mourning as the watchers squat with cameras, cakes and flasks.
They're spying, spitting as the blue lights flash,
Axes, axes, axes swing! (We're broken!)
Broken wings, but sure we'll fly and reach our destination.
You and me and rainbows.

And if we turn the lights down low
And watch the sky cry through the window,
Will I watch your fingers grow and stretch like butterflies?
The shadows flexing, licking toes,
And blinding as slowly sun sets on the same old hill.
The same red glow. We're quite alone.
Just you and me and rainbows.

Everything I own is in the corner of your room.
It's covered with a sheet just like it died.
But I will take a broom; I'll sweep it new again, arrange it.
Oh, I'll grow a dozen hands.
No, I never will neglect my world again.
I'm safe beneath my blanket.
Come home. For you, for me - and rainbows.

Loaded guns attract.
We know the rules, we don't react.
We wait in hope, we don't expect.
Just you and me and rainbows ...

... looking down.


Keine Kommentare: